How Can My Managed IT Provider Help Me With Project Management?
When you partner with a managed IT company you should expect to receive some project management services to help with larger projects. Watch this video to learn more.
WHAT DOES A PROJECT MANAGER DO?
A managed IT provider should provide you with a dedicated project manager. This project manager is going to help you with larger projects - things like a computer refresh, an office move, or an office expansion.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXAMPLES
There’s a lot that can go into project management, and as every project is different, it’s difficult to distill the tasks needed to complete a project into a few bullet points, however, we’ve included some examples of project management below.
Your vCIO and your project manager, in the scenario of a large computer refresh, are going to do things like:
- • Coordinating which departments will receive their refresh first
- • Scheduling with the end-users when their computer is going to be refreshed
- • Letting end-users know what to expect as far as downtime and disruptions
When moving to a new office space, your vCIO and project manager will help with:
- • Any cabling that you need in that office space. They will schedule and work with a third-party cabling vendor to understand exactly what needs to be done in your space and make sure that you, as a small business owner, are getting what you need.
- • Communicating with internet providers like Comcast or Verizon to make sure that you will have an internet connection coming into your new space. Your vCIO and project manager will take the steps necessary to ensure that everything is ready for you, and your employees are able to seamlessly move into your new office space and continue working efficiently.
If you want to learn more about managed IT services, including project management, vCIO services, and cybersecurity, please reach out.