How to Use the Job Build Feature
Join Brandon Bate as he guides you through the process of using the Job Build Feature on the Canon DX ImageRUNNER C3730i to merge separate scanned documents into a single file.
Do you ever have a large job with multiple pages as well as multiple formats? Maybe a job with text only pages but you’d like to insert pictures into the file?
Brandon Bate with Cobb Technologies here, and in this video, I’m going to show you how to use the Job Build feature on the Canon DX ImageRUNNER C3730i, to really cut down on the time it takes you to put together those multi-format scan jobs.
- First, start out by loading your pages into the doc feeder.
- Head over to the display screen. On the homepage, click Copy.
- Then select Options.
- Next hit the Collate button and select Finishing.
- After that, hit the Job Build button and then hit Start. So when we hit start, the copier is going to run the pages through the document feeder, and what we’re doing here with Job Build is enabling it to take different sized documents.
- At this point, if you wanted to load something on the glass you would just lift it up, put your document on the glass, and then hit Start again.
- It’s going to scan whatever is on the glass - and you can repeat this as many times as you need.
- Once you’re done loading things onto the glass you can hit start Copying, and the copier will do the Job Build for you and merge all those documents into one. Easy peasy!
For more copier tips and tricks, as well as information on the latest in business technology, head to Cobb Technologies DOT com.
Questions? Reach out below!